Phrases teenagers use and what they mean. Here's a little teenspeak, explained. How many do you recognize (or even use yourself)?
1. Yolo - "You only live once."
2. Frenemy - A person they hang out with but really don't like
3. Sick - "awesome."
4. Photobomb - Appearing knowingly or unknowingly in the background of someone else's picture
5. Newb - a newbie.
6. Epic fail - Super fail. Doesn't always mean disaster
7. Money - When something is perfect.
8. Busted - When something isn't looking good
9. My bad - Another form of an apology
10. Ratchet - ugly. "Tonight's about to get ratchet."
I thought it would be interesting to bring back a little teen-slang from the 80's... I found this.
"Bad" - Something cool
"No Duh" - You were way ahead of them when it came to putting it together
"What's your damage?" - What's your problem?
"Even/Not Even" - 'not even!' had to be followed by 'even!'
"Take a chill pill" - relax
"Gag me with a spoon" - when you don't like something - 'history homework again? Gag me with a spoon!'
"Like" - 'like, did he totally hang up on you?'
"Tubular" - cool
"Gnarly" - describes something cool
"Grody to the max" - gross/distasteful
What am I missing? Let me know here ---