Nice job, sport. Mother's Day is Sunday and you have nothing. Okay... time to think think think. Flowers, yes. But what else might mom like with little time left to shop?
Here we go with a few ideas arranged by budget
Budget: $10 or less
- Make a card
- Subscription to her favorite magazine (may be a tad more than $10)
- Plant a rose bush in her favorite garden
- Breakfast in bed
- flowers (yes, you know that would be there)
- Recipe book if she loves cooking
- Bag of coffee from her favorite coffee house with a nice mug
- Luxury candle
- Bottle of bubbly
- jewelry (pendant necklace)
- colorful iPhone/iPad case
- Sharper Image has a countertop yogurt maker for $50 --that's fun
- Pick up an ice cream maker anywhere -- surprise her with her favorite homemade ice cream or sorbet
- high end chocolates
- How about the Simply Vera Vera Wang Bombee Convertible Tote
- Matching jewelry
- Arrange a stay at a bed and breakfast
The Great Gatsby (Leo DeCaprio/Tobey Maguire)
Peeples (Craig Robinson)
I always love reading stories about extremely old people, and getting their secrets for a long fulfilling life, and 105-year old Pearl Cantrell does not disappoint.
What's her secret: "Hard work and bacon."
God bless her.
"I love bacon," she says. "I eat it every day. It's got to be crispy."
Old Pearl loves bacon so much that Oscar Mayer gave her a lifetime supply and a ride in the Wienermobile. Picture